Bachelor Of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy College promotes excellent Physiotherapy education in these 4½ years of duration course to foster Global competencies and to prepare quality patient care into our practice.
B.P.Th – Duration 4½ Years + 6 months of Internship training
Seats Available: 100
- 1. Candidate must be 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- 2. Candidate must be passed DYP-CET Examination
- 3. Candidate must have passed std Xll (HSC or equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English individually with minimum 45% marks in PCB.
- 4. 5% relaxation of marks for backward class categories.
Course Structure: The 4 ½ years Course has been divided into following Phases.
|Phase||Duration||Subjects Covered||Syllabus |
|I st Year B.P.Th||1 Year||· Human Anatomy||Download Syllabus |
|· Human Physiology |
|· Biochemistry |
|· Fundamentals of Kinesiology & Kinesiotherapy |
|· Fundamentals of Electrotherapy |
|II nd Year B.P.Th||1 Year||· Pathology & Microbiology||Download Syllabus |
|· Pharmacology |
|· Kinesiotherapy |
|· Electro Therapy |
|· Psychology |
|III rd Year B.P.Th||1 Year||· General Surgery||Download Syllabus |
|· General Medicine |
|· Community Health |
|· Physical Diagnosis & Manipulative Skills |
|IV th Year B.P.Th||1 Year||· Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy|| |
|· Neuro Physiotherapy |
|· General Medical & Surgical Physiotherapy |
|· Community Physiotherapy & Rehabilitation |
Candidates desirous of seeking admission to B.P.Th. course under D. Y. Patil Education Society (Institution Deemed University), Kolhapur should apply online/offline. The University shall formulate a merit list on the basis of AICET-2020-21 which shall be displayed on the University Website www.dypatilunikop.org,The said merit list will be referred to as DYPESDU Merit List — 2020 herein after. The selection will be done on the basis of inter-se-merit of the candidates who shall report for counseling.
- • The admission sessions will be conducted at the office of the University as per the schedule.
- • Only the candidates shall be allowed into the admission hall. The candidates shall be called in the order of their ranking in the Merit list.
In case of impersonation the candidate will be handed over to police and further action will be dealt as per the Indian Penal Code in this matter and if required the cases will be handed over to Appropriate Law enforcing agencies for further investigation.
- • At the time of reporting for the admission, the candidate shall produce the documents (original and two sets of photocopies). If the candidate is admitted to B.P.Th., these documents shall be retained by the Deemed University till he/she completes the If the candidate fails to produce all or any of the documents his/her claim for a seat shall stand instantaneously forfeited.
- • The selected candidate shall be required to pay the entire amount of Tuition fee and such other fees as decided by the University on the day of admission itself through bank draft drawn on a bank favoring “Registrar, D. Y. Patil Education Society Deemed University, Kolhapur.”
- • Failure to attend the counseling or to pay the fees at the time of admission or failure to submit all the necessary documents in original may result in automatic forfeiture of the claim of the candidates for the selection.
- • In case of dispute in the matter of allotment of course or any other matter pertaining to the provisional selection or cancellation of ad mission, the decision of the Competent Authority shall be final and binding.
- • When all the seats in a given course are filled, admission of students to that course will instantaneously cease and Competent Authority will not be responsible for non availability of the seats and non allotment to the rest of the candidates.
- • Candidates selected for admission shall abide by the Rules of the university.
- • Admissions made at the admission sessions are provisional. These will be confirmed after verification of eligibility by the University.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND:
Refund of fee in case of cancellation shall be in accordance with the provisions of UGC (Institutional Deemed to be Universities) Regulations 2020.
|Course ||Total Intake Capacity ||Tuition Fees ||Development Fees ||Registration Fees ||Total Fees |
|B. P. Th. ||100 ||Rs. 1,55,000/- ||Rs. 15,000/- ||Rs. 2,000/- ||Rs. 1,72,000/- |
- • Internship-6 months duration focuses mainly on acquisition of specific skills in various domains of Physiotherapy like Musculoskeletal sciences, Neurosciences, Cardio respiratory sciences, Pediatric Physiotherapy and community physiotherapy.
- • Program includes-rotational clinical_ assignments and conduction of scientific projects.
- • This will help in training of the candidate to plan strategies for cure and care, adopt preventive, restorative and rehabilitative measures for the patients.
|Course Benefits E Career Opportunities |
Physiotherapy jobs may be found at:
- • Multispecialty Hospitals/ Cancer Hospitals
- • Academic Jobs/ Central government jobs
- • Community Health Centres
- • Rehabilitation Centres
- • Sports Centres
- • Fitness Centres
- • Government Hospitals
- • The Institute of the Physically Handicapped
- • Defense establishments
- • Teaching establishments
- • Sports Academy
- • Cardiac Rehabilitation Centre
- • Their own clinic
Urban lifestyles are notorious for generating every kind of ache imaginable; and though we require about one physiotherapist for every 1000 people, only 5000 such professionals are available. The demand is intense; physiotherapy jobs in India are booming.